Dave paints in the tradition of the Boston School of landscape painters.
Dave is a lifelong New Englander with roots in Maine and having lived in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Although Dave came from an artistic family, he pursued a career as a financial advisor. Nonetheless he continued to sketch and paint. In 2008 Dave made the decision to transition from a successful career as a financial advisor to a career as a full-time painter.
Dave studied studio painting at the New Hampshire Institute of Art in Manchester NH.
Dave studied with Stapleton Kearns and David Curtis in workshops and with Thomas R Dunlay in workshops and privately at the Thomas R Dunlay teaching Studios.
- Selected as Artist-In-Residence at the Whistler House Museum of Art in 2015, 2016
- Juried artist member of the North Shore Arts Association in Gloucester MA 2016
- Accepted into the Copley Society of Art in Boston MA 2017
- Juried into the Rockport Art Association 2019
- Selected artist for the 2020 and 2021 Cape Ann Plein Air Festival
- Exhibited: Massachusetts State House, Boston MA; Bristol Art Museum, Bristol Rhode Island; Whistler House Museum of Art, Lowell MA; Andover Historical Society, Andover MA; Guild of Boston Painters, Boston MA; Copley art Society, Boston MA; Brush Gallery, Lowell; Millbrook Gallery, Concord NH and the North Shore Arts in Gloucester MA among others.
- Passion: Painting outdoors in all the different times of the year and seasons around New England
- Dave’s works are owned by individual collectors as well as institutions, such as the City of Lowell (Lowell City Hall); Enterprise Bank in Lowell MA; Boston Partners Financial Group in Andover MA, Lowell Community Health Center, Lahey Clinic, MKtix Company and Toast Vodka in Fort Lauderdale FL among others
- Dave maintains a north light studio at the Western Ave Studios in Lowell MA #512