The 4th of July Arts Festival is a tradition we missed the last two years. We are so pleased it has been reinstated, this will be the 52nd 4th of July Arts Festival Show held in Chelmsford. Our Adult Show is one of the most anticipated and best attended art events in the area, plus each year our Student exhibit is always so enjoyable. For the festival to be successful it needs YOU, the Artists! The show is open to Members, Non-Members, and Students, and there is a fee for submitting your art.
This presentation of the Chelmsford Art Society is supported in part by a grant from the Chelmsford Cultural Council, local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.
Deadline for Online Entry: Sunday June 26th at 11:00 pm
Drop Off: Chelmsford Center for the Arts
Thursday June 30th 10 – noon and 5 pm-7 pm
Volunteers who can stay and help hang the show will be greatly appreciated!
End of Show – Art Pick Up
Monday July 4th Right after the parade
*If you are entering the CAS Members Show at the Chelmsford Library, art can be picked up on Tuesday and brought directly to the Library for hanging. The show will run through the month of July.
Tuesday July 5th 10 – noon and 5 pm-7 pm
Online entry required
- Artwork submissions are limited to 2 artworks per artist in the following media: Oil/acrylic, Water Media under Glass / Alcohol Ink, Pastel/Drawing, Mixed Media, Photography/Digital Arts, 3D (Sculpture, Metal, Glass)
- Artwork must have been completed in the past 4 years
- Artwork not exhibited in previous CAS shows
- Maximum dimension 44″ in any direction
- Subject matter suitable for general patrons & children
- Works on paper must be framed and covered with glass or Plexiglas. Frames must be in good condition.
- Entries must be dry, properly prepared for exhibition and properly wired for hanging. The wire and eye screws must not show when the artwork is hung.
- Gallery wrapped canvas does not require framing
CAS receives a 25% commission on all sales.
CAS will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any art work from any cause. Submitting work will imply agreement on the part of the artist with this condition.
1. Check your membership status:
Chelmsford Art Society Active Membership 2022-2023
To Renew or Join Us! https://chelmsfordartsociety.com/membership
|Non-Members||$15.00 per piece|
|Members||$10.00 per piece|
|Students||$ 5.00 per piece|
2. Enter Painting Information
Please enter your information in the on-line application form below and click the SUBMIT button. A box should appear on your screen that says: “Thank you for taking the time to fill out this online form. Your response has been recorded.”
If you click “submit” and you have missed any REQUIRED info, a colored box will appear on your screen highlighting the information you need to fill in. Complete those fields and click the submit button again.
*Please proofread your information carefully*
Labels will be printed exactly (including upper/lower case) from this entry form. All communication will be done via e-mail, so make sure to provide an e-mail address that you check frequently.
For more information, or to volunteer to help with the show, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: 4th of July Show 2022.
3. Fees: Pay here, there will be no payment accepted at receiving.